I tell narrative, investigative stories though audio, film, and print.
I currently work at UC Berkeley’s Investigative Reporting Program on the child welfare beat. I’m also a 2022 National Fellow with USC Annenberg Center for Health Journalism, producing a story for Snap Judgement.
Typically, I’ve cover extremism, capital punishment, and LGBTQ issues.
I regularly make more experimental pieces for the BBC podcast, Short Cuts.
Honors & Awards
- 2022 Edward R. Murrow Best Feature Documentary - American Insurrection
- 2022 National Fellow, USC Annenberg Center for Health Journalism - Snap Judgement
- 2022 Emmy Award nominee for Best Documentary - American Insurrection
- 2022 George Polk Award for National Television Reporting - American Insurrection
- 2022 Peabody nominee - American Insurrection
- 2022 Alfred duPont finalist - American Insurrection
- 2021 UC Berkeley Excellence Award, Investigative Reporting - I Felt Hate More Than Anything
- 2020 UC Berkeley Randy Shilts Memorial Award for Exceptional Reporting - Trans and nonbinary parents push birth industry to rethink care